By completing the registration process you become an authorized user of the doc-19.com (course, blog, games, podcasts and other services provided on this platform) web site from the date on which you are registered and your agreement to all the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions is a condition of becoming a member and your continued membership. We want you to benefit from the services of the doc-19.com web site and to enjoy its facilities.
doc-19.com may, for any reason and without notice, discontinue or change all or part of the doc-19.com web site. We also reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice, although we shall use reasonable endeavors to indicate any material changes by sending e-mails (or messages from within our course site) to registered users (also see 2.2). Your continued use of the doc-19.com web site after the effective date of any change to these terms and conditions will be treated as acceptance by you of such change.
- The Site is intended exclusively for personal use.
- The intellectual property rights in this website, including without limitation, in all documents, files, text, images, RSS feeds, audio files, podcasts, video files, tutorials, graphics, devices and code contained in it and in this website’s general “look and feel”, is owned by doc-19.com.
- You are authorized to print extracts or documents from this website (except for any third party owned content which has been identified as such) for your non-commercial use provided any such copy or print retains all copyright or other proprietary notices and any disclaimer contained within them.
- You may embed those videos into a third-party blog or website that were uploaded on the video sharing site Vimeo or YouTube. These videos have to carry the doc-19.com logo.
- Other than as specifically mentioned above, reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form, including framing, creating any derivative work based on this website and or its content, incorporation into other websites, electronic retrieval systems or publications is prohibited.
- You may not use any diagrams, illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics without our permission, except for video content referred to under 1.4. Should you have purchased the “teacher license”, you are allowed to use our platform for teaching purposes in an on-site teaching setting. You are, however, not allowed to use our materials for reproduction in print or online (i.e. integration of our content in your own or someone else’s online platform).
- Except for the limited permission set out above, nothing on this website should be construed as granting any other right or license.
- In the event that you submit any material for inclusion on this website (including without limitation, personal information, know-how, comments, ideas, questions, techniques, abstracts or similar), you agree (i) that such material will not be deemed to be confidential (ii) that such material will not be deemed to be proprietary and (iii) to grant to us an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, disclose, copy, modify, adapt, publicly display and translate all or any of such material for any purpose whatsoever without restriction. We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to remove or delete, without notice, any material you submit for inclusion on this website. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. Posting or sharing of inappropriate language such as insults, swear-words etc. will have to be removed by our administrators and can result in the termination of your account, in which case, previous payments will NOT be reimbursed.
- You must not share your account information (user & password) with anyone else (one account and login per user). Any violations of this rule will result in the termination of your account. Any previous payments will NOT be reimbursed.
- Any content that is presented on our Site exclusively belongs to us or our partners. You may not download, copy or distribute any of our proprietary content (i.e. videos, ultrasound videos, slides etc.), except for video content specified under 1.6.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure and secret.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your user name.
- You may not use the Site’s service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. Users agree to comply with all applicable local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You must not, in the use of the Site, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, user names, files, links (“Content”) that you submit and post on the Site.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Site or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Site.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to anyone (“spam”).
- You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our website, the server on which our website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of- service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it. In accordance with good computing practice, you are advised to virus check all materials and/or content accessed and/or downloaded from this website using commercially available, up to date virus checking software.
- This website may contain third party owned content (e.g. articles, image libraries, data feeds or abstracts) and may also include hypertext links to third party owned websites. We provide such third-party content and links as a courtesy to our users. Links are provided for your information only. We have no control over any third party owned websites or content referred to, accessed by or available on this website and, therefore, we do not endorse, sponsor, recommend or otherwise accept any responsibility for such third-party websites or content or for the availability of such websites. In particular, we do not accept any liability arising out of any allegation that any third party owned content (whether published on this, or any other, website) infringes the intellectual property rights of any person or any liability arising out of any information or opinion contained on such third party website or content.
- Violation of any of these terms will result in the termination of your account. In this case, tuition will not be reimbursed.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the free service the Site provides for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Information about us
doc-19.com is a social platform for fighting the battle against COVID-19 and to help doctors to find answers to various COVD-19 related topics.
- We always try to keep the content as up to date as possible. However, as a result of ongoing medical advances and developments, the information on this website may not always be completely up to date and, for this reason, such information is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. This fact has to be considered on the user’s part when medical decisions are made on behalf of a patient. We will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing the doc-19.com web site, but while we makes reasonable efforts to keep the data and information available on our systems accurate, we can make no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, regarding the quality, accuracy, availability, completeness or validity of the data or information. we accept no liability for incorrect or inaccurate information. You acknowledge that the doc-19.com web site is provided “as is”. Neither we nor any of its employees or agents warrants that the doc-19.com web site will be uninterrupted or error free. Use of data and information obtained from or through the doc-19.com web site is at your sole risk. No liability is accepted by doc-19.com for loss or corruption of data. Treatment and other patient management decisions should not solely be based on information provided on our website. We thus recommend that treating physicians always refer to available guidelines whenever possible.
- doc-19.com shall have no liability in respect of any other loss or damage sustained by you relating to the provision of the doc-19.com web site, whether caused by breach of contract or misrepresentation or by negligence or other tort (civil wrong) by us. For such purpose we shall include our officers, employees, agents, affiliates and sub-contractors.
- We shall not be liable for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of opportunity, or for any incidental, consequential, economic, indirect loss or special damage suffered by you arising from any liability of doc-19.com under or in connection with these terms and conditions and/or the doc-19.com web site whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
- General Information
- We collect personal information when you register with the Site.
- When you register, we may ask for your email address and eventually certain optional information such as your name, birth date, birth place, gender, biographical information, Skype/AIM/Yahoo/MSN user name, and personal interests.
- The Site automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the page you request.
- We use this information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
- IP Addresses
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register. IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers who are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To tailor advertising based on geographic area or other information derived from your IP address. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting the Site from specific geographical regions.
- To detect illicit usage of the Site (multiple users with the same IP addresses)
- The Site uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to
- access your information when you “sign in”,
- keep track of preferences you specify while you are using the Site’s services,
- display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on the Site,
- estimate and report our total audience size and traffic,
- conduct research to improve the Site’s content and services.
- The Site lets other companies [that show advertisements on some of our pages] set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to the Site’s cookies.
- The Site uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We do not rent or sell or share any personal information.
- In the future, the Site may display targeted advertisements based on personal information that is exhibited in people’s profiles. When you register with us, your personal information and other data will be stored and processed in Austria and this information may be subject to the laws of these jurisdictions.
- Editing Account Information / Security
- You can change your Account Information, at any time.
- We may send you communications relating to the courses the Site’s service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your account.
- Access to your personal information will be granted to employees and coworkers who are involved in teaching courses (i.e. mainly tutors) or our administrative personnel.
- Your Account Information is password-protected.
We may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there are any significant changes to how we handle personal information we will send a notice to the email address specified in your account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
doc-19.com shall be entitled to assign this Agreement and/or engage the services of sub- contractors, including the providers of outsourcing services, for the performance of its rights and obligations under the Agreement. These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with Austrian law and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Austrian courts.
How to contact us:
You can contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Date: March 2020
Addendum to general Terms & Conditions of doc-19.com:
Service: Comment-Features, Message-Featurs and Social Neworking-Features
The validity and evaluation of diagnostic advice provided within the comment / social network function of doc-19.com is the responsibility of the participant. doc-19.com and associate partners shall not be held liable for advice or expertise provided by participants in thedoc-19.com comment or social networking section and features.
Comments should not include the mention of any specific details which could result in the identification of a patient, either previously or currently under the care of a qualified professional. Furthermore, comments should not contain advertisement, offering of services paid or otherwise, etc. or profanity, pornography, racism, sexism, etc. of any kind.
doc-19.com and associate partners are hereby only providing a service, through which participants post their comments. doc-19.com and associate partners are under no circumstances obliged or willing to check or examine the posted comments. doc-19.com and associate partners, however, are entitled to delete posted comments if necessary. The latter right, however, does not constitute any duty to check or examine the posted comments.